Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Could you say that just by looking at me?


In my journal, I've asked myself questions, written down dialogues I've grown up having and then tried to visualize what I think of gender identity.
Its neither here nor there.
Visually, I am a woman, biologically I am,
But who decides on the behavioural front,
who defines what I am?
I think looking at differences in gender and how it leads to social situations of a violent nature, will get difficult, since the stand I take might be affected by the warped understanding I have of my gender identity.
But do I need that clarification about my gender ?
Couldn't it just exist without a name or a definition?

1 comment:

  1. Aman, you're posing thought provoking questions. I wonder... how can our gender "warped" understandings of ourselves give us insights into the nature of gender violence?

    ReplyDelete